Pages

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Broken arm Rugby League game

We kicked of the game feeling good and confident about winning. I was captain and my position was Halfback which is number 7 Halfback gets the ball and passes to his forwards and backs. They had the ball most of the game then we put a hard tackle on them and then they finally knocked it on.


Then we went to the scrum I put the ball into the scrum I passed it out we got tackled I shouted “MAURICE IT’S COMING TO YOU” I passed it then he ran and bursted through the first tackle then broke through another and then another and then finally got tackled. Stevenson said to Maurice “are you alright” Maurice couldn’t get up Stevenson helped him up and and he walked off the field not realising he had just broke his arm. We played on Louis got the ball and passed it to Preston, Preston stepped and fended and scored the try in the corner.


We went to half time winning 22-12  our team huddle was about defence letting Waitemata  in for two tries was bad. Waitemata kicked off the second half the ball was heading towards me I dropped the ball it was devastating we went to the scrum it was their feed, they put the ball in scrum and passed it out to their wing and he sprinted past ours and went in for the easy try. Our team went back for the halfway  kick their Halfback caught it and passed to his forward and then we put a big hit on him he knocked it on it was our scrum feed.


I put it in the scrum and passed it to Louis stepped past then got tackled but offloaded it to Naisa, Naisa went in for  the try. Louis went to convert the kick and MISSED!!!! the score was 26-18 there was still 10 minutes left Waitemata kicked to me again I batted it back with my hand to Promise he ran it hard bumped off one of them and went down I called “JORDAN JORDAN COME AND HAVE A RUN” he came and ran up and got tackled he got up and started limping and walked off the field. 5 minutes left we had the ball I passed to Ray he then offloaded a pass to Naisa Naisa sprinted and dived for the line it was a try.


There was 2 minutes left we knew the game was over. Louis caught the ball and passed it to Preston and ran broke through one tackle and sprinted away and made 50 metres and just got tackled our Hooker picked up the ball and dropped it. They put the ball in the scrum 1 minute left Waitemata passed out to their wing he made nearly a full field I chased and caught him and threw him out but he threw the ball back in my teammate caught it and then got tackled out we went to the scrum it was last play.

It was there last play and we knew we won. they put it in and tried to be tricky and passed to their wing our wing caught him and I helped him drag him out CHEERHOOO!!! we yelled we had won. We did our cheers that was it this was our 4th win of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.