Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Piha Trip


Piha Waterfall

 

On Anniversary Weekend, I went to the Piha Waterfall.  Nanny, Mum and I went early in the morning to meet all my Uncle’s Tag Team called the Turtles for our annual walk up to the Waterfall. My Mum and Nanny stayed down by the cars, while the rest of us headed up to the waterfall.  It’s about a 20 minute walk up to one of the waterfalls. 

There is a one big place to swim where you can swim under the fall.  The water is freezing, and you have to step on rocks to get in, so I had to wear my shoes in.  Then we went even higher, to the top of the waterfall.  There is stone slide you can go down, and it’s amazing to swim in.  My Uncles team are funny guys, so it’s a lot of fun!

Then we had to walk all the way back down the hill, it was way faster than going up.  Once we made it to the bottom, we all headed off to the field where we ate lunch and then played the Adults vs Kids in a Cricket game.  The kids have never beaten the adults, and we made 127 runs, but the adults cheated and somehow they beat us.  I am pretty sure they can’t count.

After the game we took off to the beach to have a swim.  It’s another big walk to the beach, but the water was awesome.  We didn’t swim long cause then it started to pour down with rain, it was weird.  So we walked back and got changed, then back off home, with a pit stop at Ollie’s in Royal Oak for ice cream.  That was a awesome long day, just have to wait another year until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.