Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

What Do Capitals Mean





WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.



Capital letters are bigger than the normal letter like Tt there both the same but one is bigger. They can be known as capitals/big letters and uppercase. The reason you can tell its a capital is because it reaches the upper line.

You use something like an I by itself because its always supposed to be a capital. But something I don’t get is why is I a capital and why a is not well i’ll tell you. It is because I is a pronoun and a is preferred to a definite article.  

Geographical places are like a country,city or a town. Geographical places always have to start with a Capital. If you don't know what Geographical places are well for example Mcdonald's has to have capitals because its a Geographical place.

A capital can also come up after a full stop, question mark, exclamation mark or a person speaking. You might be wondering “ Why do we use capitals ” because it makes our sentences make sense. An Example “ I had a great day” see how it starts with a capital.     

For the last paragraph I have chosen to talk about the dates. You also use capitals for Dates. For example February and Monday and another is religious holidays. 


I've learnt a lot about capitals and how to use them and hopefully I will use them properly in my writing. 


This is how I rated my 4th paragraph if you don't agree then leave a comment leaving your feedback so I know what to work on





2 comments:

  1. Great work on What do Capitals Mean and what you need to work on it to make sure you don't have a lot of sentences just make them simple and easier to read BUt on the other hand great job on your piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Taimana. Capital letters are important for a paragraph to move more smoothly throughout the writing. I agree with your graph. It shows how you understand the whole picture of writing nit just small things. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.